Sunday, September 27, 2009

Certified

Mom, Robb Wolf, Darcy, Me and Craig
Yesterday my mom, Katie and I, joined by fellow CFV members Darcy and Craig, went to Robb Wolf's Nutrition Cert. I already had a pretty good understanding on the Zone (I should after doing it for 8 months) and I knew the foundations of the Paleo diet, but the cert really taught me a lot. Before I knew what to eat and now I have a better idea of why we need to eat that way. I could go on forever about what I learned so if you have any questions just let me know.
Before I was doing a pretty strict zone (11 blocks, most meals I would take away one carb and replace it with 3 fat blocks). I've been eating pretty close to Paleo but there are some things I want to change. I'll give it a try for a month and see how things go and if I need to reevaluate.

Changes I need to make:
  • zero dairy, not even in coffee
  • no zone bars
  • no more weight/measuring, but be sure to get a good hunk of meat, lots of fruit/veggies and some fat with every meal
  • post wod- proteins and carbs, little to no fat
  • try to take fish oil regularly (2 at breakfast/dinner, I should be taking more according to Robb, so we'll see how this goes)
There's probably more that I cant think of now but I'll adjust as needed. I'll post back about how everything is going. I'm also going to try to start posting some sort of "health note of the day" at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday's WOD

500m row
155.6 (PR)

then max double unders
8 (PR)

I just did the row on the 18th and got 157.3, I'm super happy with my time today, especially because I'm just getting over a cold.


It takes about 2 weeks for the gut lining (breaks down food so it can be absorbed, gluten creates an autoimmune response causing gut irritation which affects sleep and recovery) to heal.

2 comments:

Huff said...

You Rock Jenna...Great job today!

Mom said...

Jenna, you are on it!!! Love the post, and great idea about the health tip.